TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Highly impacted industry list
- Application close date
- What you can spend with the grant money
Businesses and not-for-profits will be eligible for the one-off grant between $500 to $3,000 if you:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) as at 1 March 2020 registered in NSW; and
- Total wages below $900,000 as at 1 March 2020; and
- Have fewer than 20 full-time equivalent staff as at 1 March 2020 (including businesses which do not employ any staffs); and
- Have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 as at 1 March 2020; and
- Have experience a decline in turnover of 30% or more from March to July 2020 compared to the equivalent period (of at least 2 weeks) in 2019; and
- Have cost from 1 July 2020 associated with safely reopening or scaling up their business; and
- Are in a highly impacted industry list as at 1 March 2020
Highly impacted industry list
- The ORIGINAL list (before 19th August updates) can be found here.
- NOTE the list extended to include 18 new industries as at 19th August 2020. See the list for those new industries here
Application close date
Applications originally close 11:59pm Sunday 16 August 2020.
But as of 19th August 2020, NSW Government announced an extension. The due date is now 31st August 2020 11:59pm
What you can spend with the grant money
The grant must be used for the purpose of safely reopen or scale up operations, which includes:
fit-out changes and temporary physical changes (for example, plastic barriers at checkouts);
staff training and counselling (for example, health & safety risks and mitigation strategies);
business advice and continuity planning;
cleaning products and additional cleaning services;
additional equipment necessary to comply with social distancing or other public health measures;
marketing, communications and advertising (for example, to let the community know the business is operating again); and
digital solutions (for example, e-commerce or business websites).
Additional conditions include:
- The Grant must be used for purchases made after 1 July 2020.
- The Grant must only be used for expenses for which no other government support available. (For example: the grant cannot be used for paying wages for extra cleaning staffs who receive JobKeeper)