email template drafted to client:
Thank you for your email updates. We would like to bring to your attention the below issue when you close the company:
- Once the company is closed, you cannot use it anymore to receive any payment
- ASIC rules: To close the company now, it cannot have more than $1000 in assets nor liabilities
- Clear all outstanding lodgement with ATO and ASIC: The company currently has 1 outstanding tax return FY2018.
- Clear all outstanding tax debt: currently the company has $171.05 outstanding from Tax Return FY2016/17 payable. Please see the attachment for more details.
- If the company is closed before the annual review fees is due 25/4/2019, you don't need to pay for the annual fees to ASIC FY2019.
- Please review if the company received any income for the period 1/7/2017 - 30/6/2018?
- If not, please advise if you would like us to lodge the NIL return for the company.
- Please pay the outstanding tax debt $171.05 using the payment slip attached.
- Our professional fees for closing down the company will be $370, this includes the deregistration fees $40 paid to ASIC on your behalf, preparing the minutes for the directors to sign, forms to be lodged to ASIC, review & check all the outstanding lodgement, outstanding debt, etc.
- Fees for lodging the 2018 Return as a "non necessary return" to ATO to remove your oustanding lodgement with them to avoid late penalty will be a minimum cost of $100 + GST for you (discount has been given to you for the closing down and assisting with ASIC & ATO) , All fees can be claimed in your personal tax return.