Fair Work requirement summary - Restaurant Awards
Created by: Binh Nham
Modified on: Mon, 11 Feb, 2019 at 9:47 AM
Audit main check
|Base rate, overtime rates (Saturday, Sunday, public holiday)||Use the payrate stated on pay guide accordingly (see attached)|
- Level 1 - not service to customers
- Level 2: can serve customers, take order, reservations.
- Introductory level: new staff, training for maximum of 3 months,
- If employer and staff have mutual agreement, staff can be at introductory level for additional 3 months
- --> maximum 6 months under introductory level.
|Minimum consecutive Engagement||Normal working days|
- Full time staff: average 38 hours per week.
- Part-time staff:
- At least 2 days off per week
- 3 hours < = each shifts <= 11.5 hours
- Casual staff:
- Max 12 hours per day/per shift
- Each shift >=2 hours
- Full time, part-time employees: paid >= 4 hours (even worked < 4 hours)
- Casual: paid >=2 hours
|Split-shift allowances||If work split shift, each shift > 2 hours: split shift allowances = 0.5% x weekly standard rate = $3.92 for each shift|
- require an employee to take annual leave as part of a close-down of its operations
- Can cash out annual leave, but need to have minimum 4 weeks accrual leave (see link)
- Each cashed out annual leave: can only pay up to 2 week leaves.
- check holiday on payroll
- more details see link
|Payslip||Prepare Payslip as per fair work template, including|
- pay rate per hour, level classification
- super fund name (compulsory), super member number (optional)
more details see link
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.