What is it?
ATI has the same definition with ATO and CentreLink.
It is used to determine the following:
- family assistance, low-income supplements, and other benefits
- additional child support payments
- family tax benefit
- parental leave pay, dad and partner pay
- HECS/HELP repayments - note ATI for HECS
- DICTO - dependant invalid and carer tax offset
It is the total of:
If you have a partner, their income can also affect your adjusted taxable income.
Formula variation depending on the benefit and assessment
Note that the formula excludes and includes additional things depending on what the assessment is for:
|CentreLink||The formula as mentioned above, as well as reducing the ATI by the amount of Child support you have paid|
= Taxable income (allows D12 deduction)
+ Total net investment loss (which includes net rental losses)
child support payments DOES NOT reduce your HECS obligation