Super bring-forward/carry-forward rule
Created by: Christopher Le
Modified on: Fri, 12 Jun, 2020 at 4:04 PM
- For non-concessional contributions
- Bring forward 3 years worth of caps in advance
- Condition: super balance < $1.4mil
- Instead of contributing max $100,000 per year, you can bring forward the next 2 years cap and contribute max $300,000 this year.
- For concessional contributions
- Starting from FY2019, any unused concessional super cap of $25,000 per year will be carried forward to next financial year.
- Condition: super balance < $500k
- Eg: In FY2021, if there is no super contribution before, you can contribute max $75,000 by using caps combined from FY2019 to FY2021.
- Condition: cap expires in 5 years
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.