• Background: finished course in Nov 2017, pay for the subject in Feb 2018.
  • solution - claim if
    • you already paid for it during the time when the subject was undertaken (before november 2017)
    • OR you paid for the subject now, after the period the subject was undertaken & finished (finished in Nov17 and paid in Feb 18) , it still be ok to claim for it because you are still working in the same field that related to the subject you studied for ;
    • BUT if you stop working after Nov 2017 and then paid for the fees after that time say in Jan 2018 onwards, then it’s a NO, you can’t claim for it because there is no income that directly related to the subject

The course must have a sufficient connection to your current employment and:

  • Maintain or improve the specific skills or knowledge you require in your current employment, or
  • Result in, or is likely to result in, an increase in your income from your current employment.


study nursing course and working for nurse for part time, main point is her technology and knowledge obtained from her study is used on her daily job duty. Client needs to provide the contract and job duty description 

tutoring subject needs to be strongly related to the degree, just claim up to get maximum refund